Adult Basic Education (ABE), General Educational Development (GED), and English as a Second Language (ESL).
These FREE courses are designed in the following format:
- As multi-level classes with a range of students who have various educational skill levels.
- We also currently offer a GED test prep course for those who only need remediation in either reading or math to pass the GED test.
- Classes are offered in semester blocks, with the ability to enroll additional students at certain points throughout the semester.
- For teachers to work with and encourage their students to stay focused on their educational goals based on their personal and/or academic reasons shared with teachers for attending classes.
- To assess students’ knowledge through post assessments (testing at a minimum of 40 class hours). Students are re-tested to assess level advancement until the educational goal is met.
- We also offer the Maryland GED-i online and National External Diploma Program (NEDP) options for students who are unable to attend classes.
- Our multi-level (Beginner to Advanced) ESL and English Language-Civics classes offer foreign-born learners the ability to improve their English skills for insertion in the workforce or admission to college.
Dr. Julio Birman
Wor -Wic Community College
32000 Campus Dr.
Salisbury, Md. 21801